Programme Booking Guide
Please note that by accessing this website and booking on a programme you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Registration & Application Process
All users must register a profile on the CEC Programme Booking System and are asked to provide personal details relevant to their application. Although not all information is mandatory, there are certain fields which must be populated and these are clearly indicated. Users must ensure that their details are accurate and are kept up-to-date as contact details provided will be used to communicate with participants in the event of any changes relating to their applications. Having your own account with us will enable you to:
- Access your own private Portfolio area
- View a record of all your current and past programmes attended
- Download your programme certificates whenever you wish
- Track the progress of your programme application (New, Approved, Declined etc)
- Use one click application for any new programme.
- As a line manager, view any programme your employees have applied for
In order to create an account, each user must have their own e-mail address. You can use your work email address, or alternatively, use your personal email address.
Once registered with us the booking process is quick and easy. Please follow the steps below to apply for any of our programmes:
- Click on the Programmes tab on the navigation menu – Within the programme section you will see a list of all programmes that are currently running, you can also select programmes within a particular category.
- Search for a programme – Find a programme using the search facility or by using the headings on the left hand side of the programmes page. Once you click on a programme, the dates tab will show you future dates and venues.
- Click Apply beside the date you wish to apply for – If you are logged in your details will automatically be populated into the programme booking form. New users need to register and create an account
- Click on Confirm Application
When you register via this website, we will ask you for personal details such as your name, work details, e-mail address, contact number as well as your line manager details and you will be asked to create a password to access your account. All personal details and data will be held in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). For further details please see CEC’s Privacy Notice at www.cec.hscni.net
The CEC reserves the right to revise the terms & conditions and/or cancellation and refund policy at any time. The revised policies will supersede all previous versions. The CEC reserves the right to amend or cancel a programme where necessary. In the event of CEC cancelling a programme a full refund will be given or an alternative date may be available. Please refer to the ‘cancellation or non-attendance’ section at the end of this document. The CEC will accept no further liability.
All programmes have a specified target audience so it is essential, prior to booking a place, that you check if you are eligible to attend a programme as failure to do so may result in your booking being declined.
Programme fees apply to those staff that do not fall under CEC’s Service Level Agreement. If you are required to pay a fee you will be sent details by email which will direct you to pay by telephone.
On applying for a place on a CEC programme you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your application but please note that this is not confirmation of your place. Programme places are normally confirmed at least four weeks in advance and you will receive full details and confirmation of any payment due (where applicable).
All participants are asked to arrive on time. Late attendance may mean you are not eligible to complete the programme. This is at the teacher’s discretion.
Some programmes may have associated requirements which participants are required to fulfil prior to commencement of the programme and these will usually be advertised on the website, together with full programme information. However there may be additional requirements and you will receive an email outlining details of these and also on how to access programme materials where appropriate. Failure to meet the programme requirements will result in entry to the programme being refused and, where payment has been made, the participant will not be eligible for a refund.
Once your place has been confirmed you will be sent an email providing full details of date, time, venue etc as well as details on how to access all pre-programme information (e.g. pre-programme reading and other programme materials, as applicable). It is imperative that you ensure all personal details in your profile are kept up-to-date as additional information may be sent to the last email address or phone/mobile number known to the programmes administrator.
Access to programmes
Participants who arrive at programmes without prior booking will only be admitted if there are places available. Please note that admittance is at the discretion of the programme teacher.
The evaluation process is vital to CEC as it ensures continuous service improvement across the Centre. All participants are asked to complete their online evaluations within 4 weeks of receiving their evaluation email. On completion of this evaluation you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be issued following full attendance at the programme and completion of the online evaluation (see Evaluations above.)
Cancellation or Non-Attendance
In the event of a cancellation by the Clinical Education Centre:
– CEC will contact programme applicants as soon as possible. A full refund of the programme fee will be offered or the individual will have the option to apply for an alternative date. CEC will not be liable for any further costs that have been incurred by the individual.
In the event of a cancellation by the Applicant:
– To cancel your attendance from a programme you must notify us by phone or email as soon as possible, giving four clear working days’ notice. Please contact the named CEC Programme Administrator. If applicable, applicants will be given the option of transferring their application to another date, or programme of similar value, if they cancel within this notice period. The CEC will offer a full refund of the programme fee if applicants do not wish to transfer their application to another date/ programme but only if the notice period has been met.
In the event of an applicant failing to attend the programme:
– If an applicant fails to attend a programme for which they have booked and have not contacted CEC to cancel their place, no refund will be provided.