Duty of Candour and Being Open in Health and Social Care
1st September 2020
The Clinical Education Centre are offering a new programme on Duty of Candour and Being Open in Health and Social Care to provide participants with the opportunity to supplement their knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Candour and to reinforce their responsibility to be open and honest, with the public and those close to them, to the organisation, colleagues, their profession and regulator, at all times.
- Explain the Duty of Candour (DoC) & being open
- Recognise what is a “Notifiable safety incident ”
- Identify the various levels of harm and associated actions therein
- Describe good practice when carrying out the Duty of Candour
- Consider how to prepare and conduct a “disclosure/ being open” meeting
- Complete the Duty of Candour & being open quiz
- 1 October 2020
- 18 November 2020
- 14 December 2020
- 25 January 2021
Places can be booked online by visiting the Programmes page of this website.