Deteriorating Patient (Children)
Research shows that failure to recognise and treat patients whose condition is deteriorating is a cause of significant unintended harm in healthcare environments. Our programme “Deteriorating Patient (Children)” encompasses the six core elements of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health safe practice framework:
- Partnership working with patients and families by exploring culture, Human Factors and exploring barriers to building good relationships
- Recognising deterioration– spotting physiological deviations before significant changes in care are needed or harm occurs.
- Responding to deterioration– Ensuring a timely and appropriate response from all involved in the child’s care
- Open and consistent learning– Exploring the role of system errors and individual responsibility, to learn and effect change & continual improvements in practice
- Education and training– Building clinical knowledge and confidence, as well as patient safety through demonstrations and scenario based sessions.
This programme is suitable for Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists Therapeutic Radiographers.