Doing Ethics in the Pandemic
The HSC Regional Clinical Ethics Forum was established in 2020 and exists to provide policy advice on matters relating to ethical issues in clinical and social care decision-making; to promote and maintain ethical standards relating to practice across HSC organisation and sectors; to provide guiding principles in support of the resolution of ethical dilemmas in clinical decision-making; and to provide a forum for the identification of emerging ethical issues within HSC organisations and other jurisdictions.
Doing Ethics in the Pandemic – Learning Objectives
- Awareness of role of ethics in policy making during the pandemic
- Awareness of the principal ethical bodies playing a role during the pandemic
- Awareness of the ethical principles invoked during the pandemic
- Awareness of the problems associated with the role of ethics and ethical committees during the pandemic
- Awareness of the differences in these respects between the UK and other countries