Caring for People with a Learning Disability in General Hospital Settings - E-Learning
To enhance the delivery of safe and effective care for people with a learning disability who receive care in general hospital settings.
Having completed this programme on caring for people with a learning disability in general hospital setting you will have a better understanding of:
- - The 12 key best practice statements and indicators of good practice covered in the new revised RQIA guidelines (RQIA June 2018)
- - Reasonable adjustments that can be implemented to improve care delivery for both children and adults with a learning disability in general hospital settings.
- - How to apply the indicators of best practice and how you can make reasonable adjustments when appropriate
- - The new Regional Hospital Passport that has been developed to support people with a learning disability when they access general hospital services
All professional staff who work in general hospital settings.
- You will need to have access to a PC with an internet connection
- Complete the online application and be sure to include an email address so that the login details can be sent to you
- A user name, password and access instructions will be forwarded to you via email
- You will then have 3 weeks to complete the course - you may access the course as many times as you wish during this period
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates