Ear Irrigation for GP Nurses
To provide staff with the appropriate knowledge and endorsed procedural guidelines, to help ensure ear irrigation is performed in a safe and effective manner
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the normal & abnormal anatomy/physiology of the ear
- Discuss how to examine the ears
- List the indications/contraindications for ear irrigation
- Describe the procedure for ear irrigation
- Discuss the risks associated with the procedure
- Explore relevant Trust policies/patient consent/documentation
General Practice Nurses Only
Lecture/ Discussion/ Simulated Practice
Following this theoretical component the participant must engage with an appropriate skilled practitioner, in his/her clinical area, to further develop a greater knowledge and understanding of this person-centred care activity. This will involve supervised practice in ‘Ear Irrigation’ which should be completed within a 3 month period to consolidate learning and application to practice. It is the responsibility of the individual participant to complete this activity and to confirm completion with his/her line manager.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates