Specialist Nurse Refresher Programme (Children)
This 2-day programme will provide an update for Specialist Children’s Nurses returning to ward environments
By the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the significance of non-technical skills including human factors, situational awareness and leadership in practice
- Explain the principles of the “Me and my family” document
- Describe normal physiological parameters / PEWS in children
- Explain the principles of Fluid management in children ( term birth-16 years) demonstrating accurate record keeping in simulation
- Discuss safe administration of intravenous medicines to children and undertake drug calculations efficiently
- Recognise, assess and manage the deteriorating child in simulated practice using the ABCDE framework, and SBAR tool to communicate effectively
Specialist nurses working with children
Lecture, discussion, video, scenario and groupwork
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.