Deteriorating Patient: Assessment, Intervention and Management (Children)
To enhance the skills of participants in the assessment, recognition and management of patient deterioration
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of early recognition of the deteriorating child
- Appreciate the significance of non-technical skills including human factors, situational awareness and leadership in the management of patient deterioration
- Demonstrate through simulated practice the ABCDE approach and SBAR tools to assess a child and communicate findings appropriately
- Highlight the use of Paediatric Early Warning Scoring systems (PEWS) when assessing and managing unwell children
- Recognise sepsis and use of the Sepsis Six
- Demonstrate the actions of a first responder when faced with a child’s deteriorating condition
Staff working in acute children’s nursing teams
Lectures, video, Interactive discussions, Workshops and Simulation based scenarios
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.