Immunisation - Adult (Initial Training)
To provide participants with an overview of current guidance relevant to immunisation and vaccination of adults.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners.
- Discuss the aim of vaccination, the current vaccine schedule, ability to access the online Green Book and PHA Website.
- Explain the principles of valid consent, Patient Group Directions (PGDs), Patient Specific Directions (PSDs)
- Explain the immune response to vaccines.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the different types of vaccines and the diseases they prevent. Specific to practice.
- Discuss vaccine management / storage, handling and disposal.
- Discuss vaccine reconstitution, administration and recording.
- Identify the complications of vaccine administration.
- Discuss barriers to immunisation, issues and myths around vaccines.
- Promote vaccination and improve vaccine uptake.
Registrants in District and Treatment Room Nursing Services (NHSCT only)
Lecture, Discussion and Quiz
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.