Advanced Bobath Course in Clinical Reasoning (for the treatment & management of children and young people with Cerebral Palsy)
To provide participants with the tools/skills to evaluate their clinical reasoning and handling skills in the treatment of children with cerebral palsy, facilitating further development of expert practice.
During the programme, participants will:
- Develop insight into clinical reasoning process using the ICF and the Bobath Concept
- Explore and experiment with alternative ways of using the Bobath concept to treat children with cerebral palsy
- Ability to analyse and explore clinical reasoning for specific presentations of cerebral palsy including:
- Child with cerebral palsy related to pre-term birth
- Child with multiple impairments
- Child with dyskinetic cerebral palsy
- Develop strategies to deepen their understanding of specific aspects of cerebral palsy
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of intervention and revise as appropriate
- Present information to colleagues on clinical reasoning, outcomes and forward planning for children treated on the course
The Advanced Course is open to Bobath trained physiotherapists who have successfully completed their Basic Bobath Foundation Course or an Advanced/Specialist course within the last 5 years.
Focused sessions in lecture theatre and workshop 1 day
Please note: Places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be informed of the outcome of your application via e-mail
Key Areas to be covered
Review of Bobath Concept, ICF, assessment, goal setting, evaluation of intervention, presenting/discussion of clinical reasoning for different presentations of CP, linking theory to clinical practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.