Health Visitors Supporting Pre-term Babies and their Families following Discharge from Hospital to the Community
To enhance the skills and knowledge of practitioners in responding to the needs of premature babies and their families following discharge from Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU)
At the end of this session, health Visitors will be able to:
- Implement the recommendations of “The Smallest Things- Life after Neonatal Care Report 2017
- Understand the daily workings of the NICU and the impact on parents when their baby is admitted to this environment
- Appreciate the link between feeding issues and language development
- Review specific medical conditions and monitoring expected of the development of preterm babies
- Consider Building Foundation Skills in reducing parental anxiety and building confidence
- Discuss issues pertaining to development of good infant mental health, including sleep, comfort, attachment
- Highlight the contributions of support groups, e.g. Tiny Life, in providing invaluable support to families and professionals
- Follow the Care Pathway relating to infants born before 37 weeks and discharged into Health Visiting Service
Heath Visitors and Family Nurse Partnership
Lecture and Discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.