Advanced/ Anticipatory Care Planning for Children: Introducing the Regional Templates and Guidance Documentation
- To introduce the Regional template and guidance documentation surrounding Advance Care Planning (ACP) and Emergency Health Care Planning (EHCP) for Complex and Palliative babies and children.
- To support professionals in starting difficult conversations regarding ACP.
- To ensure staff realise the multidisciplinary nature of these plans.
- To make staff aware of the NICE guidance concerning ACP
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Recognise when an advance care plan conversation should be started
- Be able to use the regional guidance document as an aide memoire to filling in the template.
- Feel more at ease about starting and using and ACP/EHCP.
Applicable to all Senior Children’s Ward Staff, Community Children’s Nursing staff.
Paediatric Consultants, Registrars, SAS Paediatricians, Neonatologists.
Lecture and discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.