STORM 4 Suicide Prevention and Self-Harm Mitigation 3 day course (Level 3)
To enable participants develop skills in the assessment and management of a person at risk of suicide and self-harm and self-poisoning.
- Communication and Collaborative Approach concentrates on putting the individual at the centre of the conversation to engage in a way that helps build a trusting relationship.
- Assessment of Suicide concentrates on the skills needed to assess the risk of suicide.
- Suicide Safety Planning focuses on the skills needed to keep a person safe once the risk of suicide has been identified.
- Problem Solving focuses on a simple self-help technique that can be introduced during recovery.
- Future Safety Planning helps the person remain safe building a safety plan based on their future risk and vulnerability.
- Assessment of Self-Harm concentrates on the skills needed to assess the risk of Self-Harm.
- Self-Harm Short Term Safety Planning - develops skills in devising a 48hr safety plan based on risk and the person's vulnerability of self-harm.
- Self-Harm Future Safety Planning - focuses on creating a plan of support, coping skills and self help for the person at risk of self-harm.
Those with significant responsibility for safety as Level 2 but who are either experienced or work with complex people or situations.
Participants will be expected to work with their own examples from Clinical Practice over the 3 days.
Demonstration of skills and 'active observation'
Practice of skills through Role Rehearsal and filmed role rehearsal
Appraisal of skills through self-reflection and group feedback
Translation of skills into practice through discussion
PLEASE NOTE this programme will commence at 9am and finish at 5pm
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.