Enhanced Programme for Registered Nurses (Children’s) Part B
To further develop knowledge and enhance skills of the Registered Nurse in caring for sick children
At the end of the programme, the participants should be able to:
- Discuss and demonstrate, in a simulated situation, the management of the child with a tracheostomy- suction, tube change, change of tapes, Basic Life Support
- Outline management of a child requiring a ventilator
- Outline various methods of enteral feeding and indications
- Safely manage of child with a jejunostomy device, including enteral feeding.
- Describe and demonstrate, in a simulated situation, the care of child with a nasogastric tube, including change of tube and administration of enteral feed.
- Describe and demonstrate, in a simulated situation, the care of child with a gastrostomy device and administration of enteral feed.
- Outline safe management of child with a jejunostomy device, including enteral feeding.
Registrants caring for sick children
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates