Deteriorating Patient: Assessment, Intervention & Management for Community Staff
To enhance the skills of participants in the assessment, recognition and management of patient deterioration in the community setting.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of early recognition of the deteriorating patient.
- Appreciate the significance of non-technical skills including human factors, situational awareness and leadership in the management of patient deterioration.
- Demonstrate through case studies the ABCDE approach and SBARD tools to assess a patient and communicate findings appropriately.
- Highlight the use of Early Warning Scoring Systems (CEWS) when assessing and managing unwell patients.
- Consider Advance Care Planning.
- Explore the recognition and management of the deteriorating patient through community based scenarios.
Registered Nurses working in the Community Setting.
Lectures, Interactive discussions, Quiz, Groupwork and Scenarios
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates