Sepsis for NIAS
Enhance the knowledge and skills of participants to recognise and effectively manage the care of a person with sepsis.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:-
- outline incidence and causes of Sepsis
- describe the pathophysiological changes that occur during Sepsis
- identify the risk factors for Sepsis
- outline the Sepsis Six and the steps required within the Sepsis Bundle
- Discuss the immediate assessment of Sepsis using an ABCDE approach and identify appropriatre clinical management
- demonstrate knowlede of the NEW's Chart
- highlight the use of Trigger Reset when completing the National Early Warning Score Chart
- Identify some of the key human factors that could impact on the management of Sepsis
- Discuss the importance of family-orientated care and communication with carers
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.