Sepsis for NIAS
Enhance the knowledge and skills of participants to recognise and effectively manage the care of a person with sepsis.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:-
- outline incidence and causes of Sepsis
- describe the pathophysiological changes that occur during Sepsis
- identify the risk factors for Sepsis
- outline the Sepsis Six and the steps required within the Sepsis Bundle
- Discuss the immediate assessment of Sepsis using an ABCDE approach and identify appropriatre clinical management
- demonstrate knowlede of the NEW's Chart
- highlight the use of Trigger Reset when completing the National Early Warning Score Chart
- Identify some of the key human factors that could impact on the management of Sepsis
- Discuss the importance of family-orientated care and communication with carers
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates