Basic Life Support (Adult) E-Learning
To facilitate participants with the opportunity to gain a theoretical update (only) in adult Basic Life Support based on current guidelines issued by the Resuscitation Council, UK (2015).
NB: Having completed this e-learning theoretical update, you will need to complete the practical elements of the BLS programme, which involves compressions and rescue breaths in order to meet the mandatory requirements laid down by the Resuscitation Council .
By the end of the e-learning the participants will be able to:
- Consider the likely causes of a cardiac arrest in adult patients
- Discuss and describe the principles of the ABCDE approach to patient assessment and the urgency of appropriate treatment
- Describe DRSABC in the assessment and management of patient care
- Complete the quiz and score 100% as assessment of theoretical learning
RN's, Midwives & Nursing Assistants
E-Learning Theory only
To do this update via e -learning:
- You will need to have access to a PC with an internet connection
- Complete the online application and be sure to include an email address so that the login details can be sent to you
- A user name, password and access instructions will be forwarded to you via email
- You will then have 3 weeks to complete the course - you may access the course as many times as you wish during this period
- You will be asked to undertake a self-assessment at the end of the course - when you have successfully completed this assessment (100%) you will be able to print a certificate of completion
*Practical session to be done separately*
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates