Breastfeeding Peer Support Programme
The aim of this course is to enable participants to enhance their knowledge of breastfeeding in order to empower women to breastfeed successfully and to nurture responsive mother baby relationships within their role as a peer support volunteer.
These study days will enable peer support voluntaries to: -
- Have meaningful conversations with mothers regarding feeding and caring for their new baby.
- Support responsive mother and baby relationships
- Appreciate the health benefits of breastfeeding and its implications for the health of the nation
- Use their knowledge of the psycho/physiology of breastfeeding to underpin support given
- Reflect on their practice with particular emphasis on maintenance of breast feeding including the use of evidence based strategies which enhance breastfeeding.
- Have an understanding the role of UNICEF, Baby Friendly Initiative and the International Code of Marketing.
Mothers who have breastfed and have made an application to the Northern Trust to be part of this programme
Lecture, discussion, group work and demonstration
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.