Heart, Lungs and Abdomen: History Taking & Physical Examination
To enhance the knowledge and skills of participants in history taking and physical examination of the heart, lungs and abdomen.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the heart, lungs and abdomen
- Review the process of history taking in relation to the cardiorespiratory system and abdomen
- Identify key landmarks in the assessment of the cardiorespiratory system and abdomen
- Practice the techniques used in assessing both the cardiorespiratory system and abdomen
- Discuss possible differential diagnoses related to findings on examination
- Demonstrate a physical examination of the cardiorespiratory system and abdomen through simulated practice.
Specialist nurses who are involved or going to be involved in history taking and physical examination of patients
Lecture, group work and simulated practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.