Sensory Processing, Trauma and Attachment
To provide training to Paediatric OT staff on identifying emotionally based and sensory based behaviours and how to enable self-regulation and co-regulation
- Gain an understanding of the attachment process and the impact of early trauma/separation
- Learning about the importance of an integrative and neurosequential approach in choosing interventions
- Learn to differentiate sensory vs attachment behaviours in children
- How to provide practical advice and support to parents
- Knowledge on appropriate advice in managing a child to colleagues in Health Education and Social Services
Paediatric Occupational Therapists
2 day Lecture based programme with practical sessions
Tutor: Eadaoin Bhreathnach MSc. Dip COT. Occupational Therapist and Attachment Counsellor
Please note, places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email.
Key Areas to be Covered
- Introduction to the Sensory Attachment Intervention (SAI) Model
- Mapping levels of Self-Regulation
- Use of Sensory Profiles
- Listening to the Parent’s narrative when describing their child and issues
- The process of Attunement – understanding the child’s cues
- Introduction to observational analysis of arousal states – practical
- Therapeutic Presence & the Principles of Safe Practice
- How to apply SAI principles in different settings
- Case studies showing behaviours and treatment approach
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.