Diabetes for Midwives
To enhance midwives’ knowledge of diabetes and the impact on fetal, neonatal and maternal health during pregnancy
By attending this study day participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between Type 1 and Type 2 and gestational diabetes and the effects on mother and baby
- Discuss the pathophysiology of diabetes in pregnancy
- Outline the management of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Discuss the specific care requirements of diabetes management in the antenatal, intranatal and post-natal care
- Identify the rationale for carbohydrate counting and blood glucose monitoring
- Discuss the protocols for DKA and fasting in pregnancy, intranatal and in the post-natal period
- Outline the management of continuous insulin infusion titration in the maternity setting
Registered Midwives in WHSCT
Lecture and Discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.