Falls Pathway Regional Awareness Session for Occupational Therapists
To increase occupational therapists knowledge and understanding of the recently devised Falls Pathway and standardised Occupational Therapy Falls Prevention regionally
- To standardise occupational therapy falls intervention regionally
- To reinforce occupational therapy involvement in NI Falls Strategy
- To ensure seamless intervention for patients who are referred to occupational therapy with a fall or who are at risk of falls across Northern Ireland
- Understand the serious impact of falling in adults
- Identify risk factors for falls
- Implement occupational therapy intervention to prevent/reduce incidence of falls
- Deliver seamless interventions to patients who have fallen or are at risk of falls
- Ensure all intervention is evidence based
Occupational Therapists Band 5, 6 and 7 working with patients who have fallen.
Preference will be given to those working within Acute/Rehabilitation settings
Presented by NI Occupational Therapy Falls Group (2-3 hours)
Please note places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email.
Key Areas to be Covered
- Falls Facts
- Evidence base for Intervention
- NI Occupational Therapy Falls Pathway and associated Tiers
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.