To introduce participants to the theory and practice of motivational interviewing
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the Prochaska and DiClementes Transtheoretical Stages of Change model of lifestyle and behaviour change.
- Discuss and apply the process to lifestyle behaviour change.
- Explore the importance of behavioural change and confidence to achieve
- Discuss and explore the spirit of Motivational Interviewing and the concept of ambivalence
- Demonstrate the use of motivational interviewing skills in the classroom setting.
- Discuss how Motivational Interviewing skills might be useful in the clinical setting
All Healthcare Professionals and Bands
Lecture and group work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates