Oral, Nasal and Open Tracheal Suctioning in the Adult
To facilitate participants to maintain/develop knowledge and skills necessary for safe practice in oral, nasal and open tracheal suctioning in the adult.
By the end of this half day workshop participants will be able to:
- To identify when and what type of suction is appropriate
- To select the appropriate equipment
- To understand and mitigate any risks
- To follow suctioning protocols and demonstrate safe and effective technique in simulation on adult manikins
- To promote dignity and ensure a positive person centred experience
- To seek supervision to achieve skills clinically
Registered Nurses (Adult)
Presentation, discussion, questions and answer, demonstration, DVDs and simulated practical experience using adult manikins.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates