Birth: Promoting normality in birth & use of water
To enable midwives to develop their knowledge, skills and confidence in supporting the physiology of birth including the use of water.
- Outline the physiology of birth.
- Explore the influence of the environment, the midwife and birth attendants on labour progress and women's experiences.
- Explore the evidence to promote physiological birth and the use of water for labour and birth.
- Discuss policy direction and professional guidance to optimise normality in birth.
- Discuss active birth positions and props that can optimise the physiology of birth.
- Discuss the importance of audit and evaluation to help develop best practice.
Lecture, discussion and groupwork
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates