Pharmacology for Mental Health Nurses - An Introduction
To provide Mental Health Nurses with an overview of the role of pharmacology in the provision of Person Centred Mental Health Nursing.
- Recognise the importance of pharmacology in the provision of effective person centred care.
- Distinguish between the structure & function of the cell membrane and the blood-brain barrier.
- Recognise the symptoms associated with neurotransmitter and pharmacokinetics .
- Recognise the symptoms associated with neurotransmitter imbalance.
- Understand the mode of action of the psychiatric medications.
- Identify the effects of recreational drugs.
- Identify the effect of nutrition on neurotransmitter function.
Mental Health Nurses
Lecture, discussion, group work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates