Pharmacology for Mental Health Nurses - An Introduction
To provide Mental Health Nurses with an overview of the role of pharmacology in the provision of Person Centred Mental Health Nursing.
- Recognise the importance of pharmacology in the provision of effective person centred care.
- Distinguish between the structure & function of the cell membrane and the blood-brain barrier.
- Recognise the symptoms associated with neurotransmitter and pharmacokinetics .
- Recognise the symptoms associated with neurotransmitter imbalance.
- Understand the mode of action of the psychiatric medications.
- Identify the effects of recreational drugs.
- Identify the effect of nutrition on neurotransmitter function.
Mental Health Nurses
Lecture, discussion, group work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
Thursday, 25 October, 2018
(9.30 - 16.30)
|CEC - Belfast||
Thursday, 28 March, 2019
(9.30 - 16.30 )
|CEC - Antrim||