International Nurse Preparation Programme
To meet the criteria to successfully register with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council.
By the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Critically analyse the concept of person-centred care to ensure safe, effective and compassionate care to patients
- Discuss the importance of effective communication skills in caring for patients who are distressed, have a learning disability or diagnosed with Dementia or acute confusion
- Understand the importance of recognising patients with Dysphagia and the appropriate action to take to manage them safely
- Discuss the role of the nurse in relation to health promotion and patient education
- Discuss the aetiology of pressure damage and its prevention using the elements of the S.S.K.I.N bundle, and to consider best practice in the identification and management of pressure damage
- Discuss the principles and practices in relation to infection prevention/control and Aseptic Non-Touch Technique (ANTT)
- Discuss the importance of the British Thoracic Society's (BTS) Guidelines on Emergency Oxygen use in Adult Patients
- Discuss the legal and professional issues (accountability, negligence, confidentiality and consent) relevant to record keeping focusing on the patient assessment documentation for OSCE.
- Discuss the underpinning principles and practice involved in safe medicines management, drug calculations and dealing with the emergency management of anaphylaxis.
- Demonstrate all elements of Adult Basic Life Support including use of an AED, based on current guidelines issued by the UK Resuscitation Council (2015).
- Discuss the principles of fluid management and guidance on completion of fluid prescription and balance charts for adults and paediatrics
- Demonstrate how to safely undertake, record and report the 6 vital signs; Pulse, Temperature, Blood Pressure, Respirations, Pulse Oximetry and Level of Consciousness (AVPU) utilising a NEWS chart.
- Understand and practice over a 9 day period all of the requirements to complete the NMC Test of Competence Part 2 (OSCE).
Internationally recruited nurses awaiting registration
Lecture, discussion & simulated practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates