International Nurse Preparation Programme
To meet the criteria to successfully register with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council.
By the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Critically analyse the concept of person-centred care to ensure safe, effective and compassionate care to patients
- Discuss the importance of effective communication skills in caring for patients who are distressed, have a learning disability or diagnosed with Dementia or acute confusion
- Understand the importance of recognising patients with Dysphagia and the appropriate action to take to manage them safely
- Discuss the role of the nurse in relation to health promotion and patient education
- Discuss the aetiology of pressure damage and its prevention using the elements of the S.S.K.I.N bundle, and to consider best practice in the identification and management of pressure damage
- Discuss the principles and practices in relation to infection prevention/control and Aseptic Non-Touch Technique (ANTT)
- Discuss the importance of the British Thoracic Society's (BTS) Guidelines on Emergency Oxygen use in Adult Patients
- Discuss the legal and professional issues (accountability, negligence, confidentiality and consent) relevant to record keeping focusing on the patient assessment documentation for OSCE.
- Discuss the underpinning principles and practice involved in safe medicines management, drug calculations and dealing with the emergency management of anaphylaxis.
- Demonstrate all elements of Adult Basic Life Support including use of an AED, based on current guidelines issued by the UK Resuscitation Council (2015).
- Discuss the principles of fluid management and guidance on completion of fluid prescription and balance charts for adults and paediatrics
- Demonstrate how to safely undertake, record and report the 6 vital signs; Pulse, Temperature, Blood Pressure, Respirations, Pulse Oximetry and Level of Consciousness (AVPU) utilising a NEWS chart.
- Understand and practice over a 9 day period all of the requirements to complete the NMC Test of Competence Part 2 (OSCE).
Internationally recruited nurses awaiting registration
Lecture, discussion & simulated practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.