Assessing Capacity related to Communication Difficulties in Acquired Neuro Caseloads
This training day will enable Speech & Language Therapists to assess and work with people with capacity issues
- An understanding of Capacity and the role of SLT
- To review assessment tools and consider management strategies
- To have the opportunity to gain practical skills in responding and relating to people with capacity issues
- To understand complexities of dealing with this caseload and their families, including SLT role in advanced care planning and other areas of concern
- To consider capacity issues for this client group
- To review research and current evidence based practice in relation to SLT role and Capacity
Qualified Speech & Language Therapists working with the client group
One day workshop
Course Tutors: Anna Volkmer and Mark Jayes
Please note, places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email.
Key Areas to be Covered
Capacity and the role of SLT
Assessment tools and management strategies
The role of the SLT
Research and current evidence based practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.