Dementia: Person-centred palliative care for people with dementia
To enable participants to identify key principles in the provision of palliative care for a person with dementia
By the end of the session you will be able to;
- Outline the incidence and prevalence of dementia in NI
- Describe how someone with dementia may experience living and dying
- Highlight the principles of a person-centred approach to care for people with dementia
- Consider the importance of communication and relationships for people with dementia, their families and carers
- Discuss the identification and management of the last days of life.
- Identify key issues in a palliative approach in dementia care and how these may be addressed
This course is mapped to Tier 2 of the NI Dementia Learning and Development Framework (2016)
Tier 2: This tier ensures staff have the knowledge to enable them to understand the needs of people living with a dementia and provide better quality care. This is generally aimed at staff with expertise in an environment which is not dementia specific or staff who are involved in any aspect of care for a person living with dementia.
All staff working with people with dementia
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.