Paediatric Update 2017 (Forest Lodge)
To promote safety and wellbeing of all children in Forest Lodge.
- Describe reasoning for decisions made to restrict a person's movement that can be evidenced against legal and professional benchmarks for risk reduction
- Explain risks associated with the use of restrictive holds
- Discuss alternatives to holding
- Demonstrate use of holding skills consistent with a set of physiological principles.
- Explore and explain
- the key concepts of communication and effective team working
- the principles of safe working practices from www.institute.nhs.uk
- systematic clinical assessment of children.
- Demonstrate the use of clinical tools PEWS (paediatric early warning signs) and SBAR (situation, background, assessment, recommendation) effectively in simulated practice.
Nurses and Healthcare Assistants caring for children in Forest Lodge.
Theory, discussion, group work, practice.
Max No: 20
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates