Advanced Bobath Programme: Management of the complex ABI patient - with emphasis on upper limb rehabilitation
This course facilitates participants to deepen their current understanding in aspects of neurological rehabilitation developing clinical skills in the context of evidence based practice.
Participants will develop their problem solving skills through guided workshops used to demonstrate clinical reasoning and practical treatment sessions aimed at enhancing patient care.
The course will provide participants with the opportunity to review current evidence critically and synthesise this within their clinical practice in the context of the Bobath Concept.
Specific handling skills will be developed through structured analysis.
- Demonstrate more advanced clinical reasoning skills in the assessment, treatment and management of neurological conditions
- Critically evaluate and synthesise the theoretical evidence base for neurological rehabilitation and in depth movement analysis to develop individually tailored treatments.
- Develop a clear understanding of how a change at the neuro-physiological level can impact on the patients clinical presentation and level of functioning.
- Critically evaluate and progress individual patient treatment programmes and response to treatment using appropriate objective and subjective measures.
Qualified Physiotherapists working in neurology and established at senior level. Must have completed Basic Bobath Course. Please note priority will be given to Physiotherapists identified on the ECG Plan (Education Commissioning Plan). Other applications will then be considered.
Participants must have successfully completed the Basic Bobath course and it is recommended that at least 12 months elapse between the end of the Basic Bobath course and the start of the Advanced Bobath Programme.
Once the online application is complete applicants will be asked to forward copies of the following via e-mail or post:
- Copy of Basic Bobath Certificate
- CV including CSP or BAOT number
- Scanned copy of HCPC Registration
5 day programme
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.