Stoma - Nursing Care and Management
To increase the participants knowledge and skills in the management and care of a patient with a stoma
- Identify the different types of stoma, why are they formed, and their normal function
- Outline the role of the Specialist Nurses in caring for patients with a stoma
- Discuss the general dietary requirements for the different types of stoma
- Identify the different types of products used in stoma care
- Discuss the influence of lifestyle and activity on a patient with a stoma
- Outline the management of stoma care in hospital and in the community to enhance recovery and promote quality of life
Registered Nurses and HCAs
Lecture and discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.