Dysphagia - Swallow and Dysphagia Awareness for Nursing Staff (Adult)
Raise awareness of normal swallow and dysphagia to inform the assessment and ongoing care of adults with dysphagia.
By the end of the 2 hour awareness workshop participants will be able to:
- Outline the normal swallow mechanism
- Define dysphagia, aspiration and associated risks
- Discuss nursing duties and responsibilities in relation to feeding those with acknowledged risk
- Outline the descpriptors, best practice guidelines and advice for managing dysphagia and participated in a practical feeding session
- Discuss the role of the Speech and Language Therapist and timeliness and mechanisms for referral
Nursing staff (Adult)
Before and after quiz. Presentation, discussion, questions and answer, demonstration and practical feeding experience.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.