WHSCT Induction Programme for Registered Midwives
To prepare newly appointed Midwives in the Western Trust.
At the end of this programme you should be able to:
- Accurately complete relevant documentation in accordance with best practice guidance on records and record keeping (NIPEC, 2013; NMC, 2015).
- Apply the principles of “Standards for medicines management (NMC, 2010) and Trust policy when administering medications, including oxygen administration.
- Apply knowledge of blood transfusion practices and haemovigilance.
- Accurately complete diabetic documentation and adhere to related protocols
- Apply best practice guidelines in relation to principles of aseptic non touch technique to reduce infection in practice.
- Critically discuss the importance of accurate completion of fluid prescription and balance chart for children and adults
- Respond appropriately to safeguarding issues.
- Recognise areas of accountability and responsibility within your role and adhere to NMC: The Code (NMC, 2015).
Newly appointed Midwives in the Western Trust.
Lecture, discussions, group work, demonstrations and simulated practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
Mon 21 + Tues 22 + Wed 23 + Thurs 24 May 2018
(Day 1, 9am - 3.15pm + Day 2, 9am - 4.30pm + Day 3, 9am - 2.15pm + Day 4, 9am - 1pm)
|Southwest Acute Hospital||