Paediatric Update Day
To increase awareness in fluid management, Paediatric Early Warning Scores, tracheostomy care and type 1 diabetic management in the ward setting.
By the end of the session participants will have greater understanding of:
- The use of paediatric early warning scores
- The fundamental principles of fluid management and correct completion of fluid balance and prescription charts
- Safe care and management of caring for a child with a tracheostomy and with a vivo ventilator.
- Care for the child and family at diagnosis of type 1 Diabetes and during future hospital admissions
- The use of insulin pump therapy and practice handling some commonly used pumps.
Lecture, group work and demonstration
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.