Paediatric Update Day
To increase awareness in fluid management, Paediatric Early Warning Scores, tracheostomy care and type 1 diabetic management in the ward setting.
By the end of the session participants will have greater understanding of:
- The use of paediatric early warning scores
- The fundamental principles of fluid management and correct completion of fluid balance and prescription charts
- Safe care and management of caring for a child with a tracheostomy and with a vivo ventilator.
- Care for the child and family at diagnosis of type 1 Diabetes and during future hospital admissions
- The use of insulin pump therapy and practice handling some commonly used pumps.
Lecture, group work and demonstration
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates