Childhood Immunisation - Best Practice (SHSCT)
To facilitate participants to consolidate their knowledge of the principles of vaccination in childhood.
By the end of the session partipants will be able to:
- describe the Childhood Immunisation Schedule for 2017 including paediatric Fluenz programme.
- discuss responsibilities relating to PGDs and approved methods used in vaccination administration and consent issues.
- describe the management of anaphylaxis according to Resusication Council UK Guidelines (2008).
- understand the SHSCT school nursing immunisation procedure.
- discuss the standard operational processes for storage and transportation arrangements for vaccines and how to maintain the cold chain.
- appreciate the appropriate infection prevention and control measures during the vaccination process.
School nurses and other designated SHSCT staff.
Lecture, discussion and workshops.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.