Effective Counselling Skills for Speech & Language Therapists
Based on Carl Roger's person-centred approach to counselling, it aims to enable the development of counselling skills for use within the speech and language therapy context.
- Distinguish counselling skills from counselling
- Identify the core conditions
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard, congruence and empathy
- Use paraphrasing, reflection and questionning effectively
- Identity confronting skills, identify the stages of grief and bereavement and how these relate to your client group
Qualified Speech & Language Therapists
3 day workshop
Large experiential component as well as theoretical input and practical sessions.
Places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be informed of the outcome of your application via email.
Course Tutors: Carolyn Cheasman, Rachel Everard, City Lit, Speech Therapy
Key Areas Covered
Developing the therapeutic relationship boundaries, hearing the story, ways of responding (including paraphrasing, reflecting and questionning), confronting, intimacy and disclosure, loss, practice counsellilng skills session.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.