Upper Limb Management of Children with CP (MACS Level 1-3)
To develop Paediatric Occupational Therapists’ knowledge and skills in the assessment and treatment of upper limb with children with CP/neurological impairment (MACS level 1-3)
- To be informed of current medical and therapeutic approaches to upper limb management in children with neurological conditions
- To appreciate the clinical reasoning when differentiating between therapeutic modalities
- To understand what information you need to capture to evaluate the effectiveness of your intervention
- To understand the importance of good teamwork and clear communication across the MDT
Occupational Therapists, Band 6 and above working with children with Hemiplegia MACS Level 1-3
Lecture and practical session
Places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by email.
Julia Maskery, Clinical Specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Catherine Glover, Advanced Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist
Mandy Donnan, Advanced Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist
Key Areas to be Covered
- Session 1: Clarification of Hemiplegia and management
- Session 2: Assessment of the function of the Upper Limb, Clinical Reasoning and Goal Setting
- Session 3: Treatment Options
- Session 4: Anatomy of Upper Limb and Biomechanics
- Session 5: Practical Session of Passive Range of Movement of the Upper Limb and Goniometer
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.