AIRVO: Care and Management of the Adult Receiving Airvo Therapy
To provide participants with knowledge and skills required to safely and competently manage care for adults receiving AIRVO therapy.
By the end of this half day participants will be able to:
- Discuss the mechanics of respiration and recognise respiratory distress and failure.
- Outline the role and function of AIRVO therapy in the management of the hypoxic adult.
- Discuss the relevant guidelines pertaining to the safe and effective setting up, monitoring, decontamination and storage of AIRVO and relevant politics in relation to the administration of oxygen therapy.
- Outline the contraindications for usage.
- Be aware of potential hazards and how to risk assess the use of AIRVO.
- Discuss troubleshooting problems and potential solutions.
Lecture / Discussion / Demonstration / Simulated Practice
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates