Resonance and Articulation Problems in a Community Caseload
This course will be a practical workshop to equip therapists with the skills and confidence to deal with resonance disorders and articulation difficulties associated with VPI in the community setting
- Identify resonance disorders and understand the cause of velopharyngeal insufficiency (VPI)
- Understand the impact of velopharyngeal insufficiency on articulation development
- Undertake oral examinations understanding the implications for VPI assessments/diagnosis
- Identify and manage Active Nasal Fricatives
- Assess and plan the clinical management of children with articulation difficulties related to VPI
- Understand the role of the Regional Cleft Palate service in the management of cleft and non-cleft VPI
- Understand the role of community SLT in the management of VPI and VPI related articulation disorder
Qualified Speech & Language Therapists
One day workshop
Rosie Sleator, Link SLT, NI Cleft Palate Service, Oaktree Therapy Centre, Magherafelt, NHSCT
Places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You wil be notified of the outcome of your application via email.
Key Areas to be Covered
- Cleft/Non-Cleft Resonance
- VIP related articulation difficulties
- Oral examinations
- Assessment & Therapy
- Role of Tertiary Services
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.