Assessment and Treatment of Clients with Perceptual and Cognitive Dysfunction
Suitable for all Occupational Therapists working with clients with perceptual and cognitive deficits. The course aims to enable Occupational Therapists to feel confident in assessing and planning appropriate intervention for patients.
- Experience and gain a general understanding of the interaction of normal perception and cognition
- Ovewview of how neuro-anatomy and neuropsychology relate to perception and cognition
- Develop an understanding of how perceptual and cognitive deficits impact on function ability
- Evaluate the use of functional and standardised assessments
- Obtain a methodology for differential diagnosis
- Review current treatment approaches and techniques
- Devise appropriate plan of intervention for given case studies
Occupational Therapists working with clients in acute, rehabilitation and community settings (older teenagers and adults) with perceptual and cognitive dysfunction.
2 day course
Completion of self-learning pack prior to the course
Key Areas to be Covered
- Introduction to perceptual and cognitive dysfunction
- Common perceptual and cognitive deficits and functional implications
- Assessment & critical appraisal of assessment tools
- Differential diagnosis
- Mechanisms of neurological recovery
- Treatment approaches and techniques
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.