Haematological Conditions and Related Nursing Issues - Introduction to
To provide an overview of haematological conditions, the treatments available for their management and the role of the registered nurse in providing care for this patient group.
On completion of the 2 day course participants will be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of disease
- Describe the investigations required for diagnosis and classification of disease
- Discuss the treatment modalities available for the management of disease
- Define the impact of diagnosis on the patient and family
- Identify and discuss support mechanisms available to the family unit
- Analyse the nurses role in caring for patients with haematological disease
1st level nurses currently on the live NMC register and who are providing care for patients with haematological conditions in the hospital, community and hospice settings.
Lectures, discussion, case study presentation and group work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates