Coeliac Disease Update: An Overview of Management
To develop knowledge and skill base in the management of coeliac disease for both adults and children.
- Have knowledge of the symptoms of coeliac disease and understand the process for diagnosis and dietary implications
- Provide guidance on the dietetic management of coeliac disease and associated disorders
- Understand and be able to refer to current national and international guidelines and standards
- Have an understanding of the relevant laws that enable coeliac patients to select food on a gluten-free diet and understand how to interpret food labels
- Give practical information on gluten-free living and education resources that are available
- Provide an insight into the role of the extended role of the Dietitian in coeliac disease management and running dietetic led coeliac clinics
Entry level dietitians, Specialist dietitians
Interactive course including lectures, case studies and workshops
Places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by email.
Course tutor: Joy Whelan, Coeliac Specialist Dietitian
Key Areas to be Covered
- Management of coeliac disease covering diagnosis and management guidelines, nutritional considerations and compliance, role of Dietitian and dietetic led clinics
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.