Ligature Cutter Training (Immediate Action in Cases of Hanging/ Self-Strangulation)
To increase participants knowledge of ligature cutter use and technique and emergency responses to incidents of self strangulation / hanging.
- Understand procedure for the safe use of ligature cutters
- Discuss actions to take when a person has suspended themselves for strangulation
- Understand procedure for storage, disposal and replacement/repair of ligature cutters
- Share key messages from the Organisational Policy
- Consider Risk Assessment and Deprivation of Liberty issues
Any service area supporting individuals presenting with significant risks through self- strangulation / hanging behaviours.
Please note: The organisation within which this training is to be delivered needs to have a relevant operational policy in place.
Lecture / Discussion
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates