Ligature Cutter Training (Immediate Action in Cases of Hanging/ Self-Strangulation)
To increase participants knowledge of ligature cutter use and technique and emergency responses to incidents of self strangulation / hanging.
- Understand procedure for the safe use of ligature cutters
- Discuss actions to take when a person has suspended themselves for strangulation
- Understand procedure for storage, disposal and replacement/repair of ligature cutters
- Share key messages from the Organisational Policy
- Consider Risk Assessment and Deprivation of Liberty issues
Any service area supporting individuals presenting with significant risks through self- strangulation / hanging behaviours.
Please note: The organisation within which this training is to be delivered needs to have a relevant operational policy in place.
Lecture / Discussion
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.