Child and Adolescent Mental Health Awareness
To raise awareness of mental health issues and concerns of children and young people in all healthcare settings.
- Discuss the incidence of mental illness in children and adolescents in society today.
- Outline the types, causes, signs & symptoms of mental illness in children and adolescents.
- Ascertain the legal aspects of working with children and adolescents with a mental illness and associated professional responsibilities.
- Explore the importance of positive behaviour support for the child and adolescents with a mental illness.
- Promote better communication and improve individualised, person-centred care with the child or young person with a mental health difficulty.
- Discuss current thinking in risk strategies
Identify possible interventions for behaviour difficulties within the healthcare setting.
NB (This course will be run in conjunction with the WHSCT CAMHS Team)
Lecture, Group Work and Discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates