Upper Limb Splinting for Children with Neurological Motor Impairments
To develop Paediatric Occupational Therapists competencies in upper limb splinting for children with abnormal tone to support the work in the splinting clinics that have been developed in all five trusts
- To review the use of Botulinum toxin –A as an adjunct to paediatric upper Limb
- To encourage a consistent approach in the assessment of upper limb and upper limb management pathway
- To increase confidence in choice of appropriate splinting materials and equipment
- To improve knowledge re fabrication of night hand splint, elbow and thumb splints
- To understand the use of neoprene in fabrication of splints
Paediatric Occupational Therapists Band 6 & 7 working with children with neurological motor impairments
One day course
Please note, places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email.
- Mandy Donnan - Clinical Specialist Hand Therapist
- Julia Maskery - Clinical Specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Catherine Glover - Clinical Specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Key Areas to be Covered
- Use of Botulinum Toxin as an adjunct to therapy
- Assessment of upper limb
- Upper limb management pathway
- Review of most appropriate splinting materials and their properties
- Practical demonstration and opportunity to fabricate upper limb splints, hand, elbow and thumb
- Review and rationale in the use of neoprene in upper limb splinting
- Practical demonstration and opportunity to fabricate neoprene splint
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.