Counselling Skills in Practice (3 days)
To provide opportunities to increase knowledge, develop skills, participate in and evidence the use of counselling skills in practice.
During the course the participants will be actively engaged in:
- Developing working relationships to begin the therapeutic process
- The use of therapeutic communication skills
- Examining the core conditions applicable to all counselling theories
- Developing the use of a problem solving approach
- Applying learning to practice through critical reflection
Nurses and Midwives in all parts of the professional register
Maximum/Minimum Numbers: 15 max/ 6 min
Lecture, discussion, DVD media and group work
The course is designed as a system of progressive learning, particularly in relation to practice skills. Students must therefore attend the course on all 3 days.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
Thurs 5 Oct, Tues 17 Oct + Friday 27 October 2017
(9.30 - 4.30pm)
|CEC - Altnagelvin||
Friday 17 November, Thursday 23 November & Tuesday 5 December 2017
(9.15 - 4.30)
|CEC - Belfast||