Perinatal Mental Health 2 Day Programme
- To provide participants with an overview of evidence based research and practice to implement the Regional Perinatal Mental Health Care Pathway, 2017.
- To develop knowledge and skills on the use of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale and responding with an early intervention of 'Listening Visits'.
Day 1 Learning Outcomes:-
- Recognise the presentation of illnesses associated with perinatal mental health and how these can impact on the experience of mothers, partners and the baby.
- Consider the recommendations of the MBRRACE Report, 2017 and their application to person-centred care.
- Develop and practice of Prediction, Detection and Anxiety Questions, Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health. NICE Clinical Guideline 192, 2014.
- Increase understanding of roles and responsibilities in the referral process following identification of disorders.
- Discuss the implementation of the Regional Perinatal Mental Health Care Pathway to practice.
- Improve understanding of medication issues in pregnancy and lactation.
Day 2 Learning Outcomes:-
- To increase knowledge from research on the impact of perinatal mental illness on the health of the mother, infant, children and partner assessing the needs of the family and providing person-centred care.
- To discuss the use of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) for further assessment recognising its benefits and limitations to increase effectiveness.
- To develop communication skills for the delivery of 'Listening Visits'.
Lecture / Discussion / Group Skills
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
7/01/2019 & 8/01/2019
(9.15 - 4.30)
|CEC - Belfast||
4 & 5 March 2019
(9.30 - 5.00)
|CEC - Antrim||