Perinatal Mental Health 2 Day Programme
To deliver the education programme developed for the implementation of the Regional Perinatal Mental Health Integrated Care Pathway.
To develop practice in brief interventions for mild depression.
To support the parent infant interaction in the context of perinatal mental health with early intervention.
Day 1 Learning Outcomes:-
- To recognise the presentation of illnesses associated with perinatal psychiatry.
- To know policy context and recommendations for practice from the NICE Guidelines 45 and CEMACE report.
- To review the recommendations of the revised Antenatal & Postnatal Mental Health: Clinical Guideline 192, 2014 and the CMACE Report, 2011.
- To improve knowledge of medication issues in pregnancy and lactation.
- To develop knowledge and skills in response to mothers who express suicidal thoughts.
- To increase understanding of the referral process and documentation from the Integrated Care Pathway and NIMATS requirements.
Day 2 Learning Outcomes:-
- To develop understanding of the potential impact of maternal depression on infant attachment and children
- To discuss the use of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) for further assessment recognising its benefits and limitations.
- To further develop communication / counselling skills to increase effectiveness of ‘Listening Visits’ as a Brief Intervention.
Lectures, discussion and group work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
17/01/2018 & 18/01/2018
(9.15 - 4.30)
|CEC - Belfast||
14/02/2018 & 15/02/2018
(9.15 - 4.30)
|CEC - Craigavon||