Blood Administration - Right Patient Right Blood - Assessor Training
To enable the practitioner to develop further their knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of blood administration.
To develop their assessment skills, to enable them to carry out competency assessments in the clinical area.
To ensure staff involved in any aspect of the blood transfusion process are practicing in accordance with NPSA safe practice - right patient right blood SPN 14
By the end of the session the participant will be able to:
- Explain their role in achieving the NPSA Safe Practice - Right Patient, Right Blood
- Discuss the transfusion legislation requirements
- Discuss the risk factors and hazards relating to sampling and administration
- Discuss and share any updates in the NHSCT blood transfusion practice
- Discuss and demonstrate competency in the use of relevant documentation within the right patient right blood framework
- Identify and discuss the NHSCT management of transfusion training and recording documentation
- Demonstrate competencies in assessing and being assessed
For Nurses and Midwives in NHSCT
Lecture/discussion/simulated practice assessments
Please note: You MUST have completed the E-Learning prior to attending this course.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates