Palliative Care Awareness for Registered Nurses (Full Day)
To consider the care and support needs of patients and their families during the palliative stage of illness.
At the end of the study day participants will be able to:
- Discuss the philosophy of palliative care
- Demonstrate an understanding of the origins of palliative care
- Define the meaning of palliative care and discuss the palliative care approach
- Identify and discuss the key priority areas involved in the strategic direction of palliative and end of life care in NI
- Discuss the symptoms and behaviour which may indicate the end stage of a patient’s illness.
- Explain essential comfort measures in the last days of life.
- Discuss the importance of effective communication in palliative care
- Outline the needs of relatives and staff caring for a patient in the palliative / end stage of illness and into bereavement.
Registered nurses working with adult patients who may require palliative care.
Lecture, Discussion and Group Work
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates